Because Cancer Affects Everything…
When a child or teenager is diagnosed with cancer their entire family is immediately thrust into crisis mode. Suddenly they are faced with having to navigate their way through complicated financial and insurance issues to ensure their loved one gets the best care possible while dealing with the roller coaster of emotions that accompanies childhood cancer.
As each family’s unknown journey unfolds, The Children’s Security Blanket steps in alongside them to offer comprehensive support and loving compassion. We assure them that they do not have to travel this frightening road alone.
Individualized care is provided to each child and family to ensure their needs are met. And when these children need joy and families yearn for a chance to make memories, we provide for that too. Special events and a unique summer experience, Camp Victory, are held that foster laughter and fun, offering families the opportunity to unite with others who share their challenges.
Based in Spartanburg, SC, CSB serves children and families throughout the Carolinas. Won’t you join our efforts to lighten the burdens of these brave children and their families as they face the greatest challenge of their lives?
Did You Know?
Each year in the U.S. there are an estimated 15,780 children between the ages of birth and 19 years of age who are diagnosed with cancer.
- Childhood cancer sadly remains the number one disease killer of children in the United States today.
- 83.5% of families with a child with cancer will experience some level of financial hardship.
- 75.7% of families with a child with cancer will have at least one parent who needs to cut back on work or stop working all together.
- 67.3% of families with a child with cancer have health insurance through the parent’s employer. This is either canceled or changed if the parent has to quit their job.
- 11.9% of families with a child with cancer will spend more than $10,000 annually to care for their child.
Source: American Childhood Cancer Organization http://www.acco.org/join-acco/